Re: Remove include command?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:30, Jon Masters <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 17:44 +0200, Andreas Robinson wrote:
>> What are the plans for the include config command?
>>
>> Do you intend to keep it around for a while, or could it be dropped in
>> the next release?
>
> Hmmm...I see the point (and most config files can probably be split up),
> but I don't really like the idea of dropping support for this. I can see
> it being useful to various distributions, but I'm willing to be
> convinced otherwise.

Includes are a total pain if you need to do things like "copy all
config files to initramfs". You would need to understand the syntax of
the config file with a different tool. It should not be used.

I think, all files belong in a single well-defined location. We
already warn about that since the last release.

In the end, we should aim for no config file at all here, instead of
providing features to needlessly complicate things. :)

Thanks,
Kay