Re: new release pending

On 3/30/09, Scott James Remnant <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 11:41 +0000, Alan Jenkins wrote:
>
>> 2. Add --valgrind option to testsuite, to enable running test programs
>> under the memory checker.
>>
> One way to do this with Automake:
>
> valgrind-check:
> 	$(MAKE) check TESTS_ENVIRONMENT=valgrind

Ah, that clarifies what you meant.  Useful.

I don't think it will work here though.  TESTS is set to a single
shell script, which runs individual test cases written in shell
script.

I want to remove TESTS anyway, i.e. turn "make check" into a no-op.
The testsuite breaks "make distcheck", because it writes to a
subdirectories of the source directory (tests/tmp, tests/build).  The
source directory created by make distcheck is read-only.

Ultimately I can't reconcile the testsuite with automake because the
testsuite builds it's own binaries, to test both values of
CONFIG_USE_ZLIB.

Alan