Re: [REGRESSION] sdhci no longer detects SD cards on LX2160A

Hi,

This is not the issue, since the problem has been observed with eMMC
too, and is sporadic in nature.

Please could you answer the question posed: are the eSDHC controllers
DMA coherent or are they not coherent?

Thanks.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 04:13:20AM +0000, Y.b. Lu wrote:
> Sorry. My email was rejected by mailing lists. Let me re-send.
>
> Hi Russell,
>
> I’m not sure what board you were using for LX2160A.
> We had an known issue for eSDHC controller and all NXP Layerscape RDB boards.
> eSDHC couldn’t provide power-cycle to SD card, and even worse, board reset couldn’t provide power-cycle to SD card either.
> But for UHS-I SD card, it’s required to have a power-cycle to reset card if it goes into UHS-I mode. Otherwise, we don’t know what will happen when kernel initializes SD card after a reboot/reset.
>
> I could reproduce that issue with below steps on latest mainline kernel.
> 1. Power off board, and power on board.
> 2. Start up kernel, the SD card works fine in UHS-I mode.
> 3. Reboot/reset board. (This couldn’t provide power-cycle to SD card)
> 4. Start up kernel, the SD card gets that ADMA error issue.
>
> So could you have a try to power off/power on the board, and then start up kernel. Don’t use reboot, or board reset button.
> Or you can remove SD card and start up kernel, and insert SD card when kernel has been started up.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Best regards,
> Yangbo Lu

FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]