Re: regression caused by: "amlogic: mmc: meson-gx: add signal resampling"

Hi Jerome
> There an actual s905x p212 in kernelci which is not showing any issue, AFAIK.
>
> https://kernelci.org/boot/meson-gxl-s905x-p212/
>
> Have a look a this recent boot of mainline/arm64:
> https://storage.kernelci.org/mainline/master/v5.0-rc2-36-gfe76fc6aaf53/arm64/defconfig/lab-baylibre-seattle/boot-meson-gxl-s905x-p212.txt

thanks, great way to compare with my local output messages

already wondered about this:
[    1.195173] meson_vid_pll_div_recalc_rate: Invalid config value for
vid_pll_div

> Has the p212 is ref design of the s905x, we often see the related DT used on
> other device.
>
> Is your board actually a p212 ?
> If yes, could you tell us about any of the marking on PCB, such as the board
> revision ?
> If not, could you tell us more about your device ?

it's a "BeeLink Mini M8 SII"

pasted the output here
https://pastebin.com/UCnR25mK

should I try with another dtb?

> We proposing this series, I flagged that this patch and the other one (on
> phase settings) needed broader testing. It could possibly cause regression for
> tunning and high speed modes ... this typically show with error -5 (tunning
> failed)
>
> Here your eMMC timedout during init, so even before an attempt is made to tune
> which is odd. Could you try to enable signal resampling only when going forhigh speed modes ?

huh, need to look into how to do that.

/Andi

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]