Re: mmc: dw_mmc: log spamming

Hi Tobias,

On 09/19/2016 04:41 PM, Tobias Jakobi wrote:
> Hello Jaehoon,
>

> Jaehoon Chung wrote:
>> Hi Tobias,
>>
>> CC'd mmc mailing.
>>
>> On 09/19/2016 10:03 AM, Seung-Woo Kim wrote:

>> Did you test after reverting this commit? or previous version is working fine?
> yes, reverting the commit fixes the log spamming. I'm aware though that
> the check is more of less broken (undefined behaviour because of
> bit-shifting with large values), so I have also tried the following
> thing: Just checking against 'div' instead of 'clock << div'. Anyway,
> this also works for me.
>

>> Which exynos4412 board do you use? I think it's related with "broken-cd".
>> (If you can share which board and dts you are using, we can check in more detail.)
> This is an Odroid-X2 board.

When i have checked on odroid-u3, it's reproduced very easy.

>> As you mentioned, you didn't insert the eMMC card on board.
>> Then it should be polling whether card is inserted/removed. (If broken-cd is set...)
> I can check the callstack leading to dw_mci_setup_bus() I guess. Would
> that should make it easier for you guys to understand where the issue
> originates from?

Not need to share the callstack. Because i understood what is problem.
But checking 'div' instead of 'clock << div' should also have the unexpected behavior.

If needs to fix, i want to go ahead the correct way at this time.
Anyway, thanks for reporting this!

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung