Baytrail MMC Hang

Hello,

Re:https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/24/271

>Adrian Hunter wrote:
>Here are some patches to address an issue with SDHCI in Intel Baytrail. Intel Baytrail has >been observed sometimes to hang if host controllers are using DMA while deep C-states are >used

I have been attempting to run Linux on a Baytrail based Dell Venue 8
Pro. It mostly works but there are MMC issues which cause a hang. If I
boot with intel_idle.max_cstate=0 it works flawlessly , and without
that, I can reliably crash it with a couple of minutes worth of dd
if=/dev/mmcblk0 | pv > /dev/null.

I am presently running Kernel 4.4.0-rc6 so it seems like these patches
may never have got in to the main kernel?  Are these patches likely to
apply easily to a 4.4 tree, or do they rely upon stuff inside the
"driver strength" and "re-tuning" patches? I'm sure they wouldn't
apply cleaning by now but if they were stitched in "by hand", so to
speak..?

Cheers

CB