Re: "Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt" on Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 10

Hello Sébastien,

I own a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 8, which is quite similar to the Thinkpad
Tablet 10, and we seem to run into the same issues with both devices.

I am currently trying to install Ubuntu 15.04 using an USB stick, so my
kernel version is 3.18.0-12-generic (which is based on the 3.18.3
upstream stable kernel).

As you reported, the tablet reliably freezes after about 15 to 20
minutes, regardless if "debug_quirks2=0xc0" is set or not. The last
kernel message is "mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt". But in
my case, the tablet also crashes if the eMMC storage is not used as the
root filesystem, it also happens in the live environment booted off the
USB stick, e.g. when trying to do an mkfs on one of the eMMC partitions.

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue, I was already about to send the
device back because I thought the eMMC was broken.

regards,
Simon