Re: sdhci-esdhc-imx : cannot read eMMC

> Hi JM,

Hi Dong,

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:10 PM, Jean-Michel Hautbois
> <jhautbois@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <jean-michel.hautbois@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I start a new thread, as I have done lots of test and this will be clearer.
>>> I have problems reading and writing eMMC on my i.MX6 board with 3.17-rc3.
>>> Sometimes I don't have read errors explicitly in dmesg, but fdisk has
>>> no effects.
>>> I activated MMC debug in my config file, and here is an extract of
>>> mmc0 register dump and all mmc1 part.
>>> On Freescale kernel, I confirm it works well with the same board and
>>> sample, I can write a partition on mmc1.
>>

> My iMX6Q SabreSD board seems ok.
> What board did you use?
> What reading/writing problems did you meet?
> I did not see errors in your log.
> Can you paste the error log?

This is a custom board.
You are right, activating debug seems to make the problem disappear...
I have CRC errors and my CMD signal is quite bad when this is happening.
I asked an HW engineer to look at this.

I also double checked the pads, and added the
MX6QDL_PAD_NANDF_ALE__SD4_RESET pad, but the reset signal is always
down when doing this, when it should go down then up...

Thanks,
JM