Re: sdhci-esdhc-imx : cannot read eMMC

<jean-michel.hautbois@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi there,
>
> I start a new thread, as I have done lots of test and this will be clearer.
> I have problems reading and writing eMMC on my i.MX6 board with 3.17-rc3.
> Sometimes I don't have read errors explicitly in dmesg, but fdisk has
> no effects.
> I activated MMC debug in my config file, and here is an extract of
> mmc0 register dump and all mmc1 part.
> On Freescale kernel, I confirm it works well with the same board and
> sample, I can write a partition on mmc1.

<snip>

> [    3.099853] sdhci [sdhci_add_host()]: mmc1: Auto-CMD23 available
> [    3.100143] sdhci-esdhc-imx 219c000.usdhc: No vqmmc regulator found

I have set my vqmmc-supply in my DT, and it works well now...
I don't really know why specifying vqmmc-supply is better, but I can
assure it is : I can mount the partition created on the eMMC.
The only remaining errors are on boot partitions reading.
Maybe should we have a parameter in DT in order to tell if we want to
get thse partitions or not, instead of the return value of
mmc_boot_partition_access() which is always 1 (if I don't miss
something) ?

Thanks,
JM