Re: [ulf.hansson-mmc:next 17/29] drivers/input/touchscreen/cyttsp4_core.c:1218:1: warning: 'cyttsp4_irq' uses dynamic stack allocation

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18 August 2014 19:13, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Or maybe even do the second approach of putting stubs in slot-gpio.h
>> for !GPIOLIB...
>
> Hmm, that doesn't sound the proper solution either.
>
> Currently there are already stubs for the "gpiod" API in
> gpio/consumer.h. I think the original error was that the "GPIOD_IN"
> flag couldn't be found for !GPIOLIB.
> So, how about actually move these flags and it's corresponding defines
> to be available for !GPIOLIB as well. That should solve this problem
> for other subsytems using gpiod API as well, right?

Yeah you're right, I've sent such a patch now, I will queue this for
fixes so we can rely on it in the development trees.

But I still think it's kind of awkward that slot-gpio is compiled into
the MMC core even if GPIOLIB is not available on the machine :-/
it simply doesn't make much sense, since it never will add anything.
But this path should get us to the situation where everything
just compiles nicely atleast. I will try it on zeroday builds.

Yours,
Linus Walleij