Re: UHS-I voltage switching on OLPC XO-1.75

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Philip Rakity <prakity@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Don't know enough about the device tree to help.  Originally I suggested a
> quirk simular to what you are suggesting but it was felt to be too specific
> since the bits in caps2 achieve the same effect.  Maybe your board specific
> code can check if the regulator is capable of switching and can be turned on
> and off.  Not sure how to do the later.  Checking the usage count does not
> help.  You want exclusive access.  Mark Brown might know how to do this else
> perhaps the regulator framework needs extending.

We don't have a regulator in this case. If we did we'd probably be in
a different situation.

An option closer to overriding caps/caps1 in the board code is to put
the caps/caps1 overrides in the device tree directly. Doesn't sound
pleasing either, and I'm not sure that it makes sense; really the
hardware's reporting of its own capabilities is not wrong, it just
does not consider the capabilities of the surrounding components on
the motherboard. So a quirk feels more natural to me...

Daniel