Re: ANNOUNCE: new "mmc-utils" repository

On 2/15/2012 2:43 PM, Giuseppe CAVALLARO wrote:
> On 2/15/2012 2:35 PM, Chris Ball wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15 2012, Giuseppe CAVALLARO wrote:
>>> Hi Chris

>>> Is it worth now trying to add the logic behind the patch (mmc: debugfs:
>>> parse ext_csd via debug_fs (v2)) I sent time ago to parse the EXT_CSD?
>>> I can do that on mmc-utils if not yet done. Pls let me know.
>>
>> Yes, please.  (If you look farther down in the same message I did
>> mention adding it!)
>>
>> I think you can add it all to mmc extcsd read, rather than introducing
>> a new command.
>
> Agree! I'll do that and provide a patch asap.

Hello Chris

I've sent the patch to this mailing list.
I will try to do further improvements starting from this first patch,
especially to add new parsing conditions for all the register bits (that
can be done later according to what we actually need to expose and
parser and what you suggest).

Regards
peppe