ANNOUNCE: new "mmc-utils" repository

Hi,

I've created a repository for userspace mmc tools now:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc-utils.git

At the moment the only commands supported are Johan Rudholm's extcsd
write-protect commands, exposed as:

   ./mmc extcsd read /dev/mmcblkX
   ./mmc extcsd write /dev/mmcblkX

Johan, when I try running these I'm seeing:

octavius:cjb~/git/mmc-utils % sudo ./mmc extcsd read /dev/mmcblk0
sdhci-pci 0000:0d:00.0: mmc_blk_ioctl_cmd: cmd error -110
ioctl: Connection timed out
Could not read EXT_CSD from /dev/mmcblk0

Were you doing something to get the card back into idle state first,
perhaps?

Giuseppe, it would be excellent if you could add your ext_csd parsing
code to the "extcsd read" command.

Shashidhar, please could you separate out the kernel-side changes needed
for your test ioctl, and send a patch for kernelspace and one to add an
"mmc runcmd <cmd>" command to this tool?

Thanks everyone!  If anyone else has userspace mmc code to contribute,
feel free to hook it up to this tool and send patches to linux-mmc@.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx>   <http://printf.net/>