Re: [patchv3 4/4] MMC: MMC boot partitions support.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Chris Ball <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 21 2011, Philip Rakity wrote:
>> Aren't these the "hidden" partitions ?  Only available at boot time?
>
> Yes, it's the previously-hidden boot partitions -- Andrei's patch
> exposes them to Linux.
>
>> I need to apply my patch to reset the boot partition -- or is that now
>> in mmc-next
>
> Your patch is in mmc-next.
>
>> to see if the problem still happens.
>
> Well, there isn't a problem per se, the system still boots fine -- the
> boot partitions are being exposed as the patch intends them to.  I'm
> just curious whether it's normal for two 1MiB partitions to be created
> as a factory default.

Chris, the partitions are always present and are a feature of the card.

I ptofusely apologize for the dev_idx issue, I should have caught that
immediately. A dev_idx is till assigned even though the name doesn't
reflect the actual assigned dev_idx for hardware partitions. That
effectively means you need to track a name_idx per main mmc_blk_data
that is only used to form the naming for the device.

I will send a patch in about 30 mins...