Re: reference implementation of runtime PM

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> power_save is done by the bus, not the host, and the host does get its
> opportunity to power down via the set_ios callback that comes in
> telling it to turn the card off.

yes.

In fact, the actual work is being handled by mmc_power_off, and not by
the ->power_save() handler (which is not being used at all today).

> Still can't get our card to reset properly though. Tried sprinking
> some sdhci_reset and sdhci_reinit calls around, no luck.
>
> We do know that it can be powered down and up just fine at runtime via
> mmc_stop_host then mmc_start_host.

Just wondering.. how did you verify this ? rmmod/insmod your host controller ?

> So there's something that happens
> in that path which does not occur with runtime pm...

Then you can probably compare the flow (ftrace ?) and find the difference.