Re: MMC maintainer

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:39:55 -0400 Chris Ball <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been considering volunteering to take over as MMC maintainer.
> I mentioned this to my boss at OLPC, and he's willing to have some
> of my OLPC hours each week allocated towards maintaining MMC, which
> encourages me more.
>
> So, here's my humble offer: I can take care of maintaining an MMC tree
> for -next, keeping it working and tested, sending pull requests, and
> making sure that patches are kept track of and reach the appropriate
> places for review.  I wouldn't plan on changing patch workflow --
> patches would still be submitted and responded to on the list.
>
> I'm also interested in setting up automated testing to catch
> performance and functionality regressions similarly to the Xorg
> Tinderbox__, which I run.  Aside from that, I'd be open to hearing
> about what anyone else thinks is a priority to work on in the MMC
> stack.
>
> Let me know what you think,

Sounds good to me, thanks.

> and if this sounds like a reasonable
> idea then I'll work out a transition plan with Andrew.

These things can happen in parallel - get the tree set up, get it into
linux-next, start putting patches in it.  If I see patches turn up in
linux-next which I already have, I just drop them.  If I find I'm
holding patches which should be in the mmc tree but which aren't, I
send them to you.