Re: [RFC] Heterogeneous memory management (mirror process address space on a device mmu).

On 05/06/2014 11:33 AM, Jerome Glisse wrote:

> So how can i solve the issue at hand. A device that has its own page
> table and can not mirror the cpu page table, nor can the device page
> table be updated atomicly from the cpu. Yes such device will exist

TLB invalidation on very large systems can already take
essentially forever.

Are we OK with extending that "forever" period for heterogeneous
memory management with crappy devices, or is this something we
could/should look into improving in the general case?

--
All rights reversed