Re: [patch 3/3] mm: page_alloc: fair zone allocator policy

On 07/31/2013 10:56 PM, Minchan Kim wrote:

Yes, it's not really slow path because it could return to normal status
without calling significant slow functions by reset batchcount of
prepare_slowpath.

I think it's tradeoff and I am biased your approach although we would
lose a little performance because fair aging would recover the loss by
fastpath's overhead. But who knows? Someone has a concern.

So we should mention about such problems.

If the atomic operation in the fast path turns out to be a problem,
I suspect we may be able to fix it by using per-cpu counters, and
consolidating those every once in a while.

However, it may be good to see whether there is a problem in the
first place, before adding complexity.

--
All rights reversed