Re: [patch 1/2 v2]swap: add a simple buddy allocator

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, Shaohua Li wrote:

> Changes from V1 to V2:
> 1. free cluster is added to a list, which makes searching cluster more efficient
> 2. only enable the buddy allocator for SSD.

Oh.  My fault, not yours at all, but I wish I'd known this was coming.
I spent today testing and fixing (a couple of hangs in discard 2/2) V1,
was about to send you a patch, but looks like none of it relevant to V2.

It's nice work you've done, I thoroughly approve of V1 (very minor mods),
but it'll take me a few more days to get around to looking at V2, sorry.

Though, it may be my ignorance, I entirely fail to see what this has to
do with a buddy allocator: you've speeded up scan_swap_map()'s search
for a cluster by adding an additional cluster map, then extended that
neatly for a much better discard implementation.  Good work yes, but
a buddy allocator??

Thanks!
Hugh