Re: possible regression fs corruption on 64GB nvme

On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 05:56:37PM +0100, Robert Beckett wrote:

> given this ~9 year old temporary fix is still in the kernel for the
> Apple device, could we just add another device specific override? I
> could maybe convert it to a quirk that is set for them both (and any
> future devices)

Sure, that's an option. Do you want to send a patch? Alternatively you
can reply with the PCI VID:DID of your problematic device and I'll write
one for testing and consideration.

And just fyi, there are potential performance implications for doing
this. It's less noticable on higher latency devices, which sounds like
what you have anyway, so may not matter much for you. Just getting that
out there to avoid any surprises.