Re: Any reason to use put_page in slub.c?

On 07/31/2012 06:09 PM, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> That is understood. Typically these object where page sized though and
> various assumptions (pretty dangerous ones as you are finding out) are
> made regarding object reuse. The fallback of SLUB for higher order allocs
> to the page allocator avoids these problems for higher order pages.
omg...

I am curious how slab handles this, since it doesn't seem to refcount in
the same way slub does?

Now, I am still left with the original problem:
__free_pages() here would be a superior solution, and the right thing to
do. Should we just convert it - and then fix whoever we find to be
abusing it (it doesn't mean anything, but I am running it on my systems
since then - 0 problems), or should I just create a hacky
put_accounted_page()?

I really, really dislike the later.

Anyone else would care to comment on this ?