Re: Common [13/20] Extract a common function for kmem_cache_destroy

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Glauber Costa wrote:

> Problem is that you are now allocating objects from kmem_cache with
> kmem_cache_alloc, but freeing it with kfree - and in multiple locations.

Why would this be an issue"?

> In particular, after the whole series is applied, you will have a call
> to "kfree(s)" in sysfs_slab_remove() that is called from
> kmem_cache_shutdown(), and later on kmem_cache_free(kmem_cache, s) from
> the destruction common code -> a double free.

I will look at that but I have already reworked the patches a couple of
times since then. I hope to be able to post an updated series against
upstream at the end of the week (before the next conference).