Re: Request for clarification regarding huge pages and remapping of virtual to physical address

On 17.04.24 12:09, sunil bhargo wrote:
David,
Thanks for your response. So if i get it right then reserving the memory at boot time with/without the huge page, the page migration can happen ?

I *think* even hugetlb folios allocated/reserved during early boot can be migrated in memory later. The chance of that happening is small, though. Or I might be wrong :)

Migration of gigantic huge pages (e.g., 1 GiB) is even more unlikely to happen.

--
Cheers,

David / dhildenb