Request for clarification regarding huge pages and remapping of virtual to physical address

Hi,

We have an application which relies on virtual address to physical address mapping to remain static. The buffer is allocated using malloc. It is in user space and we were using the mlock thinking that as it would prevent the swapping the va->pa address mapping would be static. But it seems to be a faulty assumption.

If the memory is allocated from huge pages by reserving space upfront at the kernel boot up and then mmap’ing using MAP_HUGETLB, is it assured that virtual address to physical mapping won’t be remapped and will be static ?

Thanks,
Sunil Bhargo