Re: [RFC] Memory tiering kernel alignment

Hi David,

On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 10:26:19 -0800 (PST) David Rientjes <rientjes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everybody,

[...]
> I'm interested to learn if there is interest in forming a "Linux Memory
> Tiering Work Group" to share ideas, discuss multi-faceted approaches, and
> keep track of work items?
[...]
> If folks are interested in this topic and your name doesn't appear above
> (I already got you :), please:
>
>  - reply-all to this email to express interest and expand upon the list
>    of topics above to represent additional areas of interest that should
>    be included, *or*
>
>  - email me privately to express interest to make sure you are included

I'm taking the option one :)  I'm interested in this topic.  I'm not directly
working on this, but collaborating with several parties who working on the
area.  Some academic papers[1] exploring the usage have published, and recently
SK Hynix released their tiered memory management SDK using DAMON[2].  I also
shared a humble idea for DAMOS-based tiered memory management[3].  Please let
me in the loop.

[1] https://arxiv.org/abs/2302.09468
[2] https://github.com/skhynix/hmsdk/releases/tag/hmsdk-v2.0
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/r/20231112195602.61525-1-sj@xxxxxxxxxx