Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] mm documentation

Mike Rapoport <rppt@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 12:21:18PM +0100, Lorenzo Stoakes wrote:
>> On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 10:37:32AM -0700, Mike Rapoport wrote:
>>
>> > And if we are going to participate in projects like Outreachy and Google
>> > Season of Docs, we can suggest a project "Convert Lorenzo's book to kernel
>> > documentation" alongside "Write more MM documentation" project.
>>
>> Yeah, this could be a good starting point actually, as rather than starting
>> from zero, people would have some material that they can cross-check.
>
> I'm going to suggest "MM docs" for the next Outreachy round and I'll ping
> you then about the "Convert Lorenzo's book to kernel documentation"
> project.
>
> As for participation in the Google Season of Docs, maybe this should be
> more broad than only mm docs.
> Jon, what do you think?

Sorry, I'm still catching up from travel and have a lot of digging out
to do...

Converting relevant bits of the book to RST seems like a great project.
In theory pandoc can do that, but I've never tried it and can imagine
that a fair amount of tweaking is required.

Season of docs definitely seems worth looking into, but we've missed the
bus for this year.  Something to keep in mind next January.

Thanks,

jon