Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] mm documentation

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 10:37:32AM -0700, Mike Rapoport wrote:
[snip]
> If you are comfortable with random people taking your work and adjusting it
> to fit into Documentation/mm, I think there are a few ways to move this
> forward without requiring you to do the actual work.

Yeah I'm not against that for snippets of the work, I do think that a large
chunk of the book isn't quite so useful (the parts that are more code
commentary), but there are definitely descriptive elements that are more
suited.

> First, I'm ready to give it a try and see how much effort is required for
> LaTeX to rst conversion and what are the changes that need to be made to
> the content. Maybe others in the community would be able to contribute too.

Thanks, I will try to pull out some bits that I think might be useful. I
could even try converting some myself as a starting point. I wonder if a
'staging' area in the docs section could be useful? ;)

> Next, if people ask about entry level MM projects that's something that we
> can suggest as well.
>
> And if we are going to participate in projects like Outreachy and Google
> Season of Docs, we can suggest a project "Convert Lorenzo's book to kernel
> documentation" alongside "Write more MM documentation" project.

Yeah, this could be a good starting point actually, as rather than starting
from zero, people would have some material that they can cross-check.