Re: [Lsf-pc] LSFMMBPF proposal [MM]: Eliminate vmap/vmalloc lock contention

On 04/24/23 at 11:22am, Lorenzo Stoakes wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 12:08:22PM +0200, Uladzislau Rezki wrote:

> > > Thanks for the clarification. The usual LSFMM format is strongly
> > > discussion focused. Long presentations are usually discouraged and they
> > > should only introduce people to the underlying problem to kick of a
> > > discussion.
> > >
> > I have not posted yet any RFC and have not kicked it yet. Though people
> > are aware the problem.
> >

> > > That being said, IMO it would be helpful to have some material on the
> > > mailing list before any discussion could be productive.
> > >
> > This is what i have so far:
> >
> > wget ftp://vps418301.ovh.net/incoming/Fix_a_vmalloc_lock_contention_in_SMP_env.pdf
> >
> > I can, of course, move it forward over lkml only. If you are fully
> > booked or there other reason then please just withdraw my proposal
> > from your conference.
>
> For what it's worth I'm definitely interested in attending this session if
> it goes ahead. I am sure Baoquan, if he's attending LSF/MM, would be too! (cc'd).

Thanks for CC.

Yes, I am very interested in this topic, have read it from the beginning.
Unfortunately, I can't attend LSF/MM this year because of some reasons.
I look forward to learning the decision or conclusion of the sessin, and
reviewing Uladzislau's RFC or formal patchset later.  Wish the session a
great success, and you guys a pleasant meeting and discussion.

Thanks
Baoquan