x86/pkeys in early kernel version

Hello,

I'm investigating if there is a need to backport x86/pkeys fix/feature
into earlier kernel
versions, Chrome is starting to use PKEY in x86, and I hope experts
here can give
advice on this.

For background, ChromeOS regularly syncs with upstream kernel
versions, and has production
that uses 4.4/4.14/4.19/5.4/5.10/5.15.

We plan to use PKEY as Stephen Röttger proposed in
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O2jwK4dxI3nRcOJuPYkonhTkNQfbmwdvxQMyXgeaRHo/edit?usp=sharing
In short, Chrome will use PKEY to protect a thread and have exclusive
access to some pages.
If there are fixes/features to make this happen, we can backport those
from the ChromeOS branch.

Thanks!
Best regards,
Jeff