Additional Huge Pages

Hi

I am the Product Manager for the HPE Cray Operating System ( formerly Cray Linux Environment )

One of the features of this product is a component known as additional huge pages. This is kernel code that enables the selection of ‘non-standard’ huge page sizes.

For example, the current implementation allows for selection of huge page sizes of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 and 512 MB as well as 1 and 2 GB.

We are currently evaluating the concept of providing this code to kernel.org. I realize that this would require dedication of technical resources to work with maintainers.

I would like to know if there is interest in this suggestion. I realize that Transparent Huge Pages may be regarded as a more general approach to this requirement.

Thanks

Des

Dr Des Albert

HPC Software Product Manager