Re: [RFC 0/7] Support high-order page bulk allocation

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 01:55:58PM -0700, Minchan Kim wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 06:40:20PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:31:24AM -0700, Minchan Kim wrote:
> > > There is a need for special HW to require bulk allocation of
> > > high-order pages. For example, 4800 * order-4 pages.
> >
> > ... but you haven't shown that user.
>
> Kyoungho is working on it.
> I am not sure how much he could share but hopefully, he could
> show some. Kyoungho?

Hyesoo posted a patch series that uses alloc_pages_bulk() in a dma-heap;
please take a look at:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20200818080415.7531-1-hyesoo.yu@xxxxxxxxxxx/

The patch series introduces a new type of dma-heap, chunk heap which is
initialized by a device tree node. The chunk heap also needs its device
tree node should have a phandle to reserved memory node with "reusable"
property.