Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Memory Tiering discussion

On 1/28/20 11:50 AM, Yang Shi wrote:
> So I would like to discuss how we should move forward, what pieces we
> still miss, what we can combine, etc.

Thanks for proposing this!

In addition to what you've mentioned, I'd really like to close in on
what folks think the first set of patches we _merge_ would look like.
More features than what we've got in the two sets?  Less?

I'd also like to have to rehash a few discussions we've had inside
Intel.  For instance, migrating (demoting) a page cache page is more
expensive than just discarding at reclaim time.  But, it might be
expensive to recreate that page later if we do discard it.  There
doesn't seem to be a single, obviously "right" answer.