Re: No memory reclaim while reaching MemoryHigh

Hi Chris,
Am 28.07.19 um 23:39 schrieb Chris Down:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG writes:
>> anon 8113229824
>
> You mention this problem happens if you set memory.high to 6.5G, however
> in steady state your application is 8G.
This is a current memory.stat now i would test with memory.high set to
7.9 or 8G.

Last week it was at 6.5G

 What makes you think it (both
> its RSS and other shared resources like the page cache and other shared
> resources) can compress to 6.5G without memory thrashing?
If i issue echo 3 > drop_caches the usage always drops down to 5.8G

> I expect you're just setting memory.high so low that we end up having to
> constantly thrash the disk due to reclaim, from the evidence you presented.

This sounds interesting? How can i verify this? And what do you mean by
trashing the disk? swap is completely disabled.

I thought all memory which i can drop with drop_caches can be reclaimed?

Greets,
Stefan