Re: Caching/buffers become useless after some time

On Mon 10-12-18 22:30:40, Marinko Catovic wrote:
> > Currently I fail to manage this, since I do not know how to do step 2.
> > echo $PID > tasks writes into it and adds the PID, but how would one
> > remove the wrapper script's PID from there?
>
> any ideas on this perhaps?
> The workaround, otherwise working perfectly fine, causes huge problems there
> since I have to exclude certain processes from that tasklist.

I am sorry, I didn't get to your previous email. But this is quite
simply. You just echo those pids to a different cgroup. E.g. the root
one at the top of the mounted hierarchy. There are also wrappers to
execute a task into a specific cgroup in libcgroup package and I am
pretty sure systemd has its own mechanisms to achieve the same.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs