Re: COW userspace memory mapping question

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:15:42 -0600 (CST), Christoph Lameter <cl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Keep the RW mapping around and tear down and repeat the MAP_PRIVATE mmaps
> areas as needed? Updates would have to be done to the RW mapping.

Hmm, I can create a shared mapping and snapshot normally using the private
mapping. Only thing I need to do in order to ensure I will still see the
original state in the private map is to write something to it before every
update of the shared map. Is that correct?