Re: hunting an IO hang

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So right now my plan is:
>  - I will revert those two later today and then release -rc1 in the evening
> UNLESS
>  - somebody posts a patch for the problem in the next few hours [..]

Ok, so nothing obvious popped up, and I reverted the two patches.

I've also seen two other patches floating around here in this thread
(one by Andrea, one by Minchan), but didn't apply them as it wasn't
entirely clear what the status of those patches were. My current plan
is to do -rc1 tonight, and hopefully with the two reverts it will be
reasonably stable. We obviously will have several weeks for polishing.

                          Linus