CLOCK-Pro algorithm

I originally tried to send this to the addresses for Song Jiang, Feng
Chen and Xiaodong Zhang on the USENIX paper but it bounced from all of
them. So I hope you will indulge me if I send it to the list in the
hope it might reach them. Or perhaps someone here could answer the
questions below.

Many thanks

Adrian

Dear all,

I am just beginning work on an MSc project on Linux memory management
and have been reading your paper to the 2005 USENIX Annual Technical
Conference. I was wondering what the current status of this algorithm
is as regards the Linux kernel.

I can find this: http://linux-mm.org/ClockProApproximation and patches
for testing with the 2.6.12 kernel but am not entirely clear as to
whether this algorithm was included: certainly all the books I have
read still talk of the LRU lists that are similar to the 2Q model.

Could you enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance