Re: oom is broken in mmotm 2010-11-09-15-31 tree?

> Hi, just a head-up. When testing oom for this tree, my workstation is
> immediately having no response to ssh, Desktop actions and so on apart
> from ping. I am trying to bisect but looks like git public server is
> having problem.
>
> # git pull
> fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
>
> # git clone git://zen-kernel.org/kernel/mmotm.git
> Cloning into mmotm...
> fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
This turned out that it was introduced by,

  d065bd810b6deb67d4897a14bfe21f8eb526ba99
  mm: retry page fault when blocking on disk transfer

It was reproduced by:
1) ssh to the test box.
2) try to trigger oom a few times using a malloc program there.

Then, the test box will be unable to process any oom to kill the memory allocation program. If switch VCs for the test box and hit a few ENTER keys locally manually, it may process further oom. After roll-back this one commit, it had no problem to cope the above reproducers and always correctly killed the allocation programs.

CAI Qian