Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] Un-addressable device memory and block/fs implications

On Tue, 2016-12-13 at 13:15 -0500, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> I would like to discuss un-addressable device memory in the context
> of filesystem and block device. Specificaly how to handle write-back,
> read, ... when a filesystem page is migrated to device memory that
> CPU can not access.
>
> I intend to post a patchset leveraging the same idea as the existing
> block bounce helper (block/bounce.c) to handle this. I believe this
> is worth discussing during summit see how people feels about such
> plan and if they have better ideas.

Isn't this pretty much what the transcendent memory interfaces we
currently have are for?  It's current use cases seem to be compressed
swap and distributed memory, but there doesn't seem to be any reason in
principle why you can't use the interface as well.

James