memtest help

Hello everyone,

I need to test all RAM cells on a linux ARM embedded system. My use case is very similar to the one described in [1] expect the fact I also have strong requirements on minimizing the boot time impact. Instead of doing that from the bootloader, I decided to evaluate the linux memtest feature introduced with [2].

My questions are:

1)
Does the  early_memtest() as called in [3] really covers *all* RAM cells?

2)
As memtest happens very early in boot stage, what primitives I can use to measure duration of early_memtest()? Are there any known heuristics? I need to test ~2GB of RAM.
This is my major concern.

3)
It seems reasonable to expose the number of detected bad cells to user space. I was thinking about sysfs. Are the patches welcomed?

[1]
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/newbie/173847-how-do-memory-ram-test-when-linux-running.html
[2]
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1503.1/00566.html