Re: build error with DECSTATION and FB_MAXINE

Hi Randy,

> the build fails due to the use of the KSEG1ADDR() macro, which is only
> defined for 32BIT:
>
> In file included from ../drivers/video/fbdev/maxinefb.c:34:
> ../drivers/video/fbdev/maxinefb.c: In function 'maxinefb_ims332_write_register':
> ../include/video/maxinefb.h:16:41: error: implicit declaration of function 'KSEG1ADDR'; did you mean 'CKSEG1ADDR'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

 Thanks for the report.

> Any suggestions or patches for this?

 Sigh.  Many years ago I foolishly declined an offer for such hardware, so
I have no way to verify the driver and it would benefit indeed from a
rewrite such as one I made a few years ago for all the other DECstation
video devices we have in the tree and which I have specimens for.  I do
have a suitable R4k CPU module I could use with such a system to verify
64-bit operation of the driver though.

 So I think for the time being we ought to just heed the advice given by
the compiler and replace the KSEG1ADDR reference with CKSEG1ADDR, as this
is a platform device really you won't find in a non-MIPS machine, though
the proper way would be by using `ioremap' really.  I'll make a patch.

 I don't have much hope to find such hardware as it was rare in the first
place, but maybe one day, who knows?

  Maciej