Re: Some doubts about mt7621-pci mainline place

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 08:43:51AM +0200, Sergio Paracuellos wrote:
> in staging and is properly using the pci generic APIs instead of the
> PCI_LEGACY which seems that all other drivers in 'arch/mips/pci' are
> using. The driver is generic enough but it needs mips iocu region
> configuration that is done in the driver itself. So here it is where
> my questions come. Is 'arch/mips/pci' the place to move this driver?

moving to arch/mips/pci would work for me. Could you look at converting
the driver to PCI_DRIVERS_GENERIC instead of LEGACY ? I want to
get rid of PCI_LEGACY...

> Is the driver the correct place to configure the iocu related with
> pci?

I see no problem with this at the moment.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]