Re: PSA: migrating linux-metag to new vger infrastructure

On Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 03:25:50PM +0000, Graham Whaley wrote:
> Hi Konstantin, all (anybody?),
>  This mailing list has not seen any messages since January 2016:
>   https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-metag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/maillist.html
>  and the metag arch was removed from the kernel Feb. 2018:
> https://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/04793.html
>
> Thus, the list and its archives only really exist for some vague historical
> reference or interest. afaik there is not a single person still looking at,
> working on or looking after anything linux-metag related anywhere. If you
> find it is not worth the effort of moving the list, or it causes any
> issues, or you end up needing the extra space on the new infra - then you
> get my vote to drop the list, and its archives.

Indeed, I am happy to close the list such that we still have the archives on
lore.kernel.org/linux-metag but any new message sent to the list will receive
an auto-responder reply with "Thank you, but this list is closed. Please see
historical archives here:..."

Please chime up in the next few days if anyone has any objections to this
course of action.

-K

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]