Re: Removing architectures without upstream gcc support

On 02/23/2018 12:37 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
That makes more sense, yes. I'm still unsure about this one though. Chris in
fact made the suggestion to remove the architecture from both glibc and kernel
as with his departure from Mellanox there is nobody left from to maintain it.

I suggested keeping it as 'Orphaned' for the time being, given that the port
is still in a good shape, much better than many other ports.

The known customers that sold TileGX based appliances (Cisco, Brocade,
Checkpoint, Mikrotik, ...) tend to have long support cycles, and there have
been attempts at getting Debian, OpenWRT and Centos distro support
at least a few years ago.

Note that there is tilegx-*-linux-gnu and tilepro-*-linux-gnu. Only the latter was removed from glibc.

Thanks,
Florian