Re: libdvbv5 licencing

On Tue, 2016-04-12 at 11:19 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
[…]

> Yes. We had some discussions in the past to re-license it to LGPL,
> if this is going to be used by some other OSS project that would
> require that. Most of the code was written by me, and, in the past
> the other developers that worked on that also agreed on re-licensing
> as LGPL.
>
> So, basically, if gstreamer is willing to use libdvbv5, we'll
> relicense it to LGPL.

I have volunteered to rewrite the DVB plugin for GStreamer and proposed
use of libdvbv5, a proposal which was stated as being entirely
acceptable, but only if libdvbv5 was LGPL. So if libdvbv5 becomes an
LGPL library, my rewrite of the GStreamer DVB plugin will certainly use
it. I will then put forward my rewrite for incorporation into the
GStreamer bad plugins (seriously misnamed library, but…).

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@xxxxxxxxx