libdvbv5 licencing

I hadn't noticed previously, but it has been brought to my attention
that libdvbv5 is licenced as GPLv2. This makes it impossible
(effectively) for any non-GPL code to make use of libdvbv5. This seems
to undermine the whole point of libdvbv5.

In particular, I wanted to rip out all the Linux API based code from
the GStreamer DVB plugins and replace it with use of libdvbv5. However
because of the licencing (GStreamer is LGPL and must only use LGPL or
more liberal licenced code), this is going to be impossible.

Instead of ripping out the current code (which is DVBv3) and using
libdvbv5, it looks like I will be forced to recreate libdvbv5 but as
LGPL code.

Is there any chance of relicencing libdvbv5 as LGPL code so that others
may use it?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@xxxxxxxxx