Re: AVerMedia HD Volar (A867) AF9035 + MXL5007T driver issues

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 3:22 AM, Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is patches to test:
> http://git.linuxtv.org/anttip/media_tree.git/log/?h=af9035

I've done this already in my testing, and it works for getting a
correct chip_id response, but only because it's avoiding the issue
with the write/read case in the af9035 driver.  Don't have an
af9015... perhaps there's a similar issue with that code or we are
dealing with two separate issues since af9035 never does a repeated
start?

> After that both af9015+mxl5007t and af9035+mxl5007t started working. Earlier
> both were returning bogus values for chip id read.
>
> Also I am interested to known which kind of communication there is actually
> seen on I2C bus?

With this or the patch I proposed, you see exactly what you expect on
the I2C bus with repeated stops, as detailed in my previous mails.

> If it starts working then have to find out way to fix it properly so that
> any earlier device didn't broke.

I hope that by now I've made abundantly clear that my mxl5007t locks
up after *any* read.  It doesn't matter if we are reading the correct
register after any of the proposed patches.

Thanks,
Alessandro