Re: AVerMedia HD Volar (A867) AF9035 + MXL5007T driver issues

Antti,
AF9035 I2C write/read is fine with the patch I proposed, like your
middle case.  This issue is not specific to MXL5007T; it's something I
caught sniffing the I2C bus with a logic analyzer and stands on it's
own.  I implemented it this way because the driver specifically
implements that write/read command, and it has the least impact by
trying to keep as much of the original behavior as possible.  BTW,
this command does not issue a repeated start on the bus.  It doesn't
work because the firmware ignores anything after the USB header for
the read command, so address fields must be used.

I apologize if i didn't make this more clear, but the real issue is
that after an I2C read (patch or unpatched - correct or incorrect),
the mxl5007t locks up.  Again, I verified this via logic analyzer on
the I2C bus.  So we need a way to avoid issuing reads to the mxl5007t,
unless someone has other suggestions to find the root cause.  It seems
that with your hardware this issue does not occur - but it does with
mine, Jose and others.  Perhaps we can dump and compare the eeprom?
However, it seems like a lot of work for just one printk.

Regards,
Alessandro