Re: Problem since commit c73bbaa4ec3e [rc-core: don't lock device at rc_register_device()]

Em Sat, 27 Feb 2016 19:39:16 +0100
Heiner Kallweit <hkallweit1@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Am 27.02.2016 um 19:05 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
> > Em Sat, 27 Feb 2016 17:10:41 +0100
> > Heiner Kallweit <hkallweit1@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> >> Complete call chain seems to be:
> >>   rc_register_device
> >>   input_register_device
> >>   input_attach_handler
> >>   kbd_connect
> >>   input_open_device
> >>   ir_open
> >>   rc_open
> >>
> >> rc_register_device calls input_register_device before dev->initialized = true,
> >> therefore the new check in rc_open fails. At a first glance I'd say that we have
> >> to remove this check from rc_open.
> >
> > Hmm... maybe we could, instead, do:
> >
> > 	if (!rdev->initialized) {
> > 		rval = -ERESTARTSYS;
> > 		goto unlock;
> > 	}
> >
> Looking at the source code of the functions in the call chain I see no special
> handling of ERESTARTSYS. It's treated like any other error, therefore I don't
> think this helps.

The expected behavior is that the Kernel syscall code to handle ERESTARTSYS
internally, and either return EAGAIN to userspace, or try again until
it succeeds, depending on the open mode.

So, it seems a worth trial.

Thanks,
Mauro