Re: SV: PCTV 292e support

Russel Winder wrote:
On Sun, 2016-01-24 at 10:07 +0000, Andy Furniss wrote:

It finds all the physical channels, quite happily describes all the
virtual channels in the T1 channels, fails to find anything in one
of the T2 channels and finds unnamed channels in the other T2
channel. The device itself is fine, as it gets all T1 and T2 channels
on Windows. This implies something awry with it in a Linux context.

OK, I can't reproduce this on Tacoleneston which has three T2 muxes.

I am using some old git version (Jun 10), I'll try current as time allows.

One of the T2s only has 2 channels anyway and as is normal AFAIK
channels that aren't running at time of scan don't get audio/video pids
listed, but the rest of the info is there.

There is a timeout option eg -T 3 trebles the timeouts - maybe try that.

The whole point of my activity is to rewrite Me TV. This is intended
as a very lightweight DVB player. The idea is not to have MythTV,
Kodi, etc. which are intended to be media centres. I just want a
television window with EPG. Original Me TV was GTK+2, Xine, DVBv3
with direct access to the kernel API. I am rewriting for libdvbv5,
GStreamer, GTK+3.

I am starting with scan and tune codes so as to set up dvr0 as the
input source for the rendering. dvbv5-zap -p is an experimental tool
to plug into a gst-launcher-1.0 script just to trial things. My code
has the same problems dvbv5-zap has, describing my problem in terms
of dvbv5-zap behaviour just means it isn't my code that is wrong,
there is an issue somewhere in the libdvbv5 code or the device
driver.

Interesting, so you know a lot more than me about this stuff :-)

Experience as a user of 292/290s - they do need some time/grace to tune
in/stop spewing "junk". IIRC I added 5sec somewhere in TVH in addition
to whatever it already uses.

I guess going from T to T2 is worse - and then factor in that some T2s
are much lower power than others.

It did seem in the thread that I started where EAGAIN worked around,
that the code was giving no grace at all and expecting to be able to
parse stream content straight away. I may mis-remember though!